Thursday, June 17, 2010

40 Life Changing Lessons

So far this year has been an adventure. It has had ups and downs but has ultimately been such a great time for me to learn. I've enjoyed every minute of it and the people in it. Here's just a few of the serious and seriously hilarious lessons I've learned. If you've been involved in any of these, thanks for the good times. Let's make some more.

1.History will always repeat itself in one way or another. True fact.

2.TV commercials often advertise things not available in Utah. This is becoming a major problem in my life. The only solution for it is a road trip where said product is available, of course.

3.Don't abandon your bed for long periods of time. When you finally come crawling back to it, it will be full of spite and revenge and will make your life miserable.

4.Never lend money to anyone. I don't care about the circumstances. Just don't do it. Ever.

5.1997 Nissan Altimas are moving targets for driver's side collisions.

6.“Mean everything to no thing.” Thank you, Andy Hull.

7.Driving a BMW to and/or from a bar in Murray (while sober!) almost always guarantees you to get pulled over because Murray cops are bored out of their minds.

8.Always, always, always trust your gut instinct. It knows everything you don't.

9.Dreams mean everything. Don't give up on them. Something to look forward to will get you through the days.

10.Alcohol tastes better in Las Vegas. Alcohol tastes better in Mexico. Alcohol tastes better anywhere outside of Utah.

11.For some reason, I just don't have it in me to truly love techno. I tried.

12.Drinking Coors Light and Boones Farm is CLASSY.

13.Once in a while, knowing shady people is actually very beneficial.

14.“We are in the desert. If I don't eat soon.. I will seriously, for real die.”

15.Random, spontaneous road trips are always a good idea.

16.Wristbands only cost 15-25 cents at party stores and come in a wide range of colors. Remember this. One day, it will allow you to gain access to pretty much anywhere.

17.The wind is a dirty thief. If you have cash, it will steal it.

18.You never, ever want the red dot.

19.My dad is capable of installing a toilet on an air conditioner.

20.Boba, after a night of drinking, is a very suitable breakfast.

21.Friendships change. People grow apart. You've got to learn to adapt to these changes or kiss the friendship goodbye.

22.Picking a lock to sleep next to someone you like is a good idea and not as creepy as it sounds.

23.Morgan Freeman in The Shawshank Redemption is a bad ass. Morgan Freeman look-a-like at the bar is a creeper.

24.Water directly from the faucet to your mouth is surprisingly refreshing and fascinating.

25.“Fun fact!!” The ear has thousands of nerve endings.

26.I am not a morning person. While I've known this my whole life, my ability to function in the morning gets worse and worse daily.

27.My hair does not agree with the humidity in Mexico. Therefore, I will not be moving there any time soon. Sorry, Antonio.

28.A gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire and 4 limes is a drink straight from God. Mm.

29.Friendship is a two way street. If you want me in your life, put me there. I can't force myself in.

30.“Ten points for Gryffindor!” It's a movement. Catch it.

31.Don't get comfortable, ease up, let your walls down, feel safe or attach. The moment you do, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Letting people in is tough, letting them go is tougher. Whatever you do, be careful.

32.Crazy annoying molesting drunk girls should always come with sweat stains and their own Lady Gaga lyrics.

33.Justin Bieber kills friendships. Beware of catching Bieber fever.

34. Stay mad as long as you can. Because once you're not mad any more, it will hurt.

35.“Don't dwell on the end at the expense of the here and now.”

36.It is what it is. Don't ask questions. Don't read into things. Take everything at face value.

37.“One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.”

38.It is nearly impossible to be on the same page with someone at the exact same time. Timing is a coldhearted bitch.

39.“Let's be happy with what we have. Enjoy the beauty in these days. Sometimes we'll laugh, sometimes we'll scream. No one said caring was easy.” (And yes, I have this tattooed.)

40. Even though it has its up and downs, even though sometimes it really fucking hurts, even though it's unpredictable...Life is great. And it's only going to get better. I'm moving forward. I hope you're coming with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment